expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 5, 2015

How Did I Make It Another Year Without You?

Daddy,

It's been one hell of a year.

Daddy, I graduated! Did you see me Nae-Nae? You'd probably kill me if you saw it in person lol!

I also fell in love. Hard. I think you'd approve. :)

I parted ways with some old friends, which left room in my heart for several new ones.

I made the Buzzfeed homepage TWICE! And my blog's not doing so bad either.

I'm starting to take better care of myself. I started working out again, learned how to do a little make up, taking my vitamins everyday.

Mom is still, you know, my melodramatic East African mom.  As for Joy, SHE GOT INTO COLLEGE ON A FULL RIDE! I know right! I wish we could celebrate with you over your favorite store brand Rocky Road Ice Cream. 

And did you see the new supermarket down the street? Gentrification much, amirite? *nudge nudge*

2014 was a year of heartache and pain. A year of soul searching and defiance. A year of discovery and acceptance. Daddy, even though this year is a lot different from the previous 21 I've been on this planet,  I asked the same question I do every year: how did I make it through another year without you?

I miss you.


Love always,

Your Big Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment